Yo! So here we are again. I had a very intense and busy start of the year but still – kinda – managed to accomplish my goals for the first quarter of the year. Let’s review them:
- Write: I wanted to write 2 posts a month and I – almost – did it. I’ve been working on other stuff but I’m happy with what I’ve done. I wrote about my thoughts on this blog, my goals, creative design, god or whatever and Inktober/Wordtober.
- Get married: Yuuuuuuup!! And not once but twice (and one more coming xD). Aneesha and I got married on 3rd January at the Indian Consulate in Dubai and between February 14 and 16 we had our hindu wedding in Mumbai. It all went really well and it was an amazing experience for various reasons (like getting together people from all over the world).
- Make and publish 3 Chai & Churro: done. Here, here and here. I’m really happy with how C&C is going. Still struggling with consistency in the art but I have a pretty streamlined process now with my iPad. I will talk more about this on the goals for the next 3 months.
- Lose some weight: I somehow managed to lose 3 kg (91 to 88). And last week I even got down to 86.9, TEN KILOS less than when I started making changes in my diet (September 2018). Food happened over the weekend and I’m back to 88 but I’m happy with the progress.
Very happy with how things have gone. I’m also very happy that I got the chance to visit Japan, something that I thought I would never do and now I feel in the position to confirm it: yes, it’s paradise.
For the next quarter I don’t have much in my mind. It’s an extension of what I’ve done in the first quarter with some tweaks. Let’s check the list:
- Write but different: I might write something for the blog (I have a couple of ideas) but I would like to work on creative writing. I have a little something prepared that I will post soon and I want to keep exploring this path. We’ll see.
- Chai & Churro: Well, C&C is now a bi-weekly comic strip and it has a Facebook page and an Instagram account. I have found the workflow that makes it work for me. I could be more ambitious and do it weekly but it wouldn’t leave me with enough time for things like the next point.
- Improve my drawing skills: This is a work in progress and it will never end but I want to take it seriously. I want to improve in key areas for creating expressive characters (hands, eyes, faces…) and improve the art as a whole. The consistency of my drawings it’s a problem (each Chai & Churro looks fricking different) but I hope to improve on that too.
- Study: I hate studying. I’m lazy and I get easily distracted buy in my line of work is indispensable. I will focus on front-end web coding and UX as that is what appeals to me the most and where I think my – immediate professional – future lays.
- Be there for my people: All these goals are very cool but they don’t matter if I’m not a good husband, brother, son and brother. I want to improve as a person as much as I want to improve on the things I like to do. This is always priority number one but is good to remind it to oneself from time to time.
Well, that’s it… not much more to say. I guess we’ll talk in July, until then peace, love & Periphery IV.