Here I go again. I made this list last April, and I’m going to go through it to see how I’ve done. This helps me see what I can and can’t do, and also put a little pressure on myself to keep going and not let myself go. So, let’s get to it:
- Manage my time better: I suck at time management. I think I’ve even gotten worse through the last three months. Not happy at all with this. Big Fail
- Develop at least one game prototype: have I ever told you that I’m not very smart? Let’s see, I started a new and exciting project. A little puzzle-adventure game that I think looks pretty good so far. But I committed a few mistakes that had led me to not finish it. The first mistake was to do it in Unity. Unity is a wonderful tool but it’s not easy. There’s lots of technical stuff to deal with and, to be honest, I don’t have the time nor the knowledge and patience to deal with it. On top of that, on mid May there was this game jam going on, and I decided to participate. So, to make it clear, while I was struggling with one project I started another one. After that Ramadan came and my brain was already fried so I haven’t done anything in the last month. Silly fail
- Getting my #*!$ driving license: finally! And I got a car! WIN
- Again with the exercise routine: I haven’t been back to the gym on a daily routine, but I have started a new one with yoga. I go once or twice a week with Aneesha. It’s pretty good and it surely makes my body work way more than running on the treadmill or doing some cycling. I’m half happy with it, but I think i could complement it with some extra gym time. Win (for now)
Now that I’ve gone through my objectives for Q2, I’m going to set some for Q3. To be honest, I don’t want to be ambitious at all this time. I feel like I’m aiming for too much, specially when it comes to develop stuff. I’ve been struggling with doing coding related stuff, as my mind is a bit tired by the time I can really get to work on my side projects. Also I have a really nice, long holiday planned on August so I won’t be able to do anything for 3 weeks. With that said, let’s do the list:
- Manage my time better: as I said last April, this is more of a general purpose thing. I want to improve. but so far is not going well. Let’s see
- Continue working on my Unity project: I wish I can say I hope to finish it, but I think is going to be impossible. At least I would like to make good progress and have something that people can try.
- Keep my exercise routing going: I’m happy with where I am right now. If I can add to it one or two days of some gym stuff that would be awesome.
That’s all for today. O’ll come back to this post at the beginning of October. BTW, the main picture is from our holiday in Budapest, wonderful city