I feel like this 2017 has gone really fast. I can’t believe we’re already at the last quarter of the year. Q3 has been a bit strange, as I had a long holiday (19 days), something I’m not used to. It was a wonderful trip and I wish I could do that more often.
Anyway, regarding my goals for Q3…well, you can see the title. I was aware that this quarter wouldn’t be easy for various reasons, and when I wrote my goals I tried to be less ambitious. It didn’t work. Let’s have a look at the list:
- Manage my time better: this is probably the only thing I have improved over the last 3 months. I’m more aware of when I’m losing my time procrastinating or surfing the web for no reason. Now I force myself to stop and do something more useful or something that I truly enjoy. It’s an improvement but there’s a lot of margin to get better at this. I can”t say it’s a win, so I’m gonna give it a Meh.
- Continue working on my Unity project: there are a few reason I haven’t worked on this. I’ve gone through a deep introspective analysis of my life and bla bla bla… I’m gonna stop game development. It’s not like I’m gonna forget about it but I need to put it on hold. I might write about the reasons soon. Anyway, this is a FAIL.
- Keep my exercise routing going: I didn’t add anything to my routine as I wanted. I’m happy that I keep going for yoga with Aneesha, but it is not enough. On top of that I’ve put some weight back. You lazy bastard. FAIL.
- Keep learning web development stuff: I did learn some things, but because IS MY FRICKING JOB. I haven’t been proactive, and haven’t done much outside of work. I’m changing that routine now, but I started too late. FAIL.
Ok, so now let’s try to do a list for the 4th quarter. I’m gonna try to be a bit more serious about it and avoid disaster:
- Improve my exercise routine: stop being so lazy and do something more than just yoga. This is gonna be difficult, my sofa is giving me eyes.
- Keep improving on time management: first step is taken. Next goal is to just stop checking social media and my favorite websites so much.
- Do some creative work: it doesn’t matter what it is. It doesn’t have to be big or complex. But if I’m not gonna be doing the gamedev thing, I want to do something else.
That’s it for me. I hope this last quarter of the year is better than the last one. I’d like to end the year full of energy, as 2018 looks like is gonna be a very important year for me. Salud
The picture is from the trip to Spain that Aneesha and me did on August.